BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Cave and Explorer Concept


This bliss I imagine...
I hope I can give that to a man.
Sometimes I feel intimidated by
the thought of making love...
because making love has a lot of
responsibility.
It's just not about me, it's about him too.
I know that it is socially accepted
that men have sole responsibility
to provide the pleasure and that the
responsibility for the woman ends when
she decides and allows it to happen.
I can only imagine such "rules" have been
accepted because women possess this
dark cave that bears light once
explored, a cave with many unknown
depths and spaces that the exploration
of it alone provides the adventure, the
bliss.  It's up to the cave explore to make
the exploration interesting.  Honestly,
when thinking of this cave and explorer
concept, I imagine it is a good metaphor.
For anyone can explore the cave, but
at what lengths (no pun intended) is the
explorer willing to go to discover the
wonders of the cave?  Is he only going
to explore the entryway of the cave?
Is he going to explore the walls of the
cave only?  Or is he going to explore the
cave until he gets to the end,
until he gets to the bottom, 'til he explores
each crevice, each space of the cave?
I guess that, in the case of the explorer, is
a lot of responsibility, for, although the
woman is born with this cave of unknown
space, she is providing a possibly great
adventure... if the explorer explores it
right.  Her trusting him and granting
access to him is a lot of responsibility
in itself.

____________________

Don't ask where this "concept" came from.  *smile*  I don't remember.

2 comments:

RebeccaK. said...

Love this metaphor...never heard of it before! Once again...love your "expression". Peace

miss royal said...

*smile* It kinda sparked from a "random" conversation with a platonic friend. I still can't remember how this metaphor came along, but when he'd mentioned it, I kinda ran with it and came up with this. *smile*

Related Posts with Thumbnails