BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Why are women more thirsty for love?": My response to the question





I thought about your question "Why women are more thirsty for love?"  Well, I am not sure 'why women are more thirsty', but I think I do know why people thirst for love--romantic love.

So, think of all your relationships.  Your relationship with your grandparents, your cousins, your parents.  All those relationships were not of choice.  You have or had no control of your relationship with them.  (Even if you choose not to have a relationship, you are biologically tied to them.)  Now think of your relationship with others.  You have classmates, professors, employers, and even friends.  Now, yes, these relationships are by choice.  These relationships may be valued, but even with your friends, whom I would expect you to be the closest with of all the above chosen relationships, there are still barriers, boundaries, that can't be crossed with your homeboys or with your platonic female friends.  There are areas that your friends can't enter and satisfy.

So, it's safe to say that romantic relationships are the only relationships formed by choice that do not have boundaries.  In romantic relationships I would hope that both individuals can be open, can be vulnerable with the other person.  That is why most sane people take the time to make sure the person they become romantically intimate is kosher because the person they choose is given the ability and the permission to permeate areas that your friends or even your parents cannot.

Being that women are generally more romantic from conception, I can understand why romance and love would be a constant desire.  From childhood we were taught that Cinderella needed her Prince Charming to save her from the evil stepmother, that Jasmine needed her Aladdin to take her on a ride on the magic carpet, and that Barbie needed her Ken to go along with her Malibu Beach House.

Women desire to be desired.  Cinderella was chosen out of all the girls at the ball, Aladdin chose Jasmine out of all the women in the kingdom (Maybe her being a princess had something to do with that, I don't know.), and I would assume Ken chose Barbie out of all the Mattel dolls.  I want to be chosen.  I want to be chosen as someone's #1 pick.  I want to be chosen as someone's friend that can get so close, so close that he chooses only me to get inside of.  The only one he chooses to release himself with physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually.  You can't get much closer than that.  With me he chooses to share his body; with me he chooses to share his deepest, darkest, most uncomfortable secrets; with me he chooses to tell me what's on his mind, what he really thinks; with me he chooses me to be one with him and journey with him as spiritual partners.

Truth is, most times you have to share your mother with your siblings, share your grandparents with cousins, your professor with classmates, share friends with friends however, you never have to share your man or woman with anyone else, at least not in the same capacity because romantic relationships are exclusive and there is only room for two.

Women just want to be exclusive, they want someone they don't have to share in the same way.  Even when a woman has a man she have to share him because there are many roles of a man (as they are for a woman), but she never have to share him in the role he plays for her.  She is the only one worthy of experiencing that role because he chose her to be his supporting cast, his co-star.  No one else.

I think it's a shame that men, based upon your question, don't desire as much or thirst for romantic love as much as women.  i am sure they would enjoy the safety, the thrill, the beauty, the freedom, the happiness, the warmth that results from such a relationship.  And to think all those perks (and more) would be consciously exclusive to them.

6 comments:

Jesi said...

Wow. I almost have nothing to say, because what you said encompasses so much. I never have understood why (some) men aren't as diligent about finding and cultivating love as women inherently are. You should post this on FB to see what male response you receive to gain more perspective. :)

miss royal said...

*smile* Thanks! Maybe I will.

Anonymous said...

wow
this was beautiful
Im not even gonna lie
about 99% of that is the
way I feel about the
oppisite sex.

I wanna be "that one"

so much, so much honesty
in this post miss royal :)

I love it
-PeAcE

miss royal said...

*smile* Thanks sis!

AsHARaeDenell said...

This makes me want to re-think who I commit to when it comes to relationships. Right now I'm becoming really close to a guy that may or may not be for me, and I almost found myself ready to committ simply for the title of "girlfriend". And although it's not as powerful as "wife" or "fiance" it does have the potential to develop into those things one day. This just reinforces that I need to make sure that I'm ready that that he's worth it

miss royal said...

Indeed, AsHARaeJ, don't ever settle. Love, I believe shouldn't feel like settling, like "hmmm, I guess I'll do this because I can't foresee anything better." Love, I imagine, feels like a guilty pleasure and yet all deserving. Too much and yet too little. It feels like freedom and safety. Comfort. I'd imagine love, metaphorically, could be experienced blindly and yet there are no worries because you know you are in good hands, in good company;...you're loved.

Related Posts with Thumbnails