BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Untitled

So sometimes I find "expressions" (I dare not call them poems) from my past.  They may or may not be relevant today, but I find them all interesting and raw, for they all were expressed at some point of my journey.  Here's one.
_________________

In this life of treacherous mountains, winding roads, unpredictable seas, and peaceful valleys
my mind sometimes slips
sometimes my body and flesh are weak

but my heart is always true...
clutched close because it's the one constant
part of me
even when my flesh is weak, and my mind
seems lost.
my heart?  It's here and true.

I love me.

_______________________

I was expressing that even though I may get off balance at times, it's my heart, my soul, my spirit that keeps me from drifting too far, for it is my heart that reaches out for me and brings me back to balance, back to sanity.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails