BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Sweetheart"

So many times, so many times
I've been looked over by you
So many times, so many times
I've wondered when I could have you

I've been pegged "the sweetheart"

Why you gotta treat me this way, why haven't you asked me to stay
If I'm such a sweetheart, when you gon' ask me to stay

Is it that you're afraid of me
'Cause you know with me comes responsibility

I sit and think men, I think men, they can't handle someone like me
They know I'm gonna be selfless and provide all that they need
Why wouldn't he want that?, I ask myself

That's when I answer
It dawns on me that they're

not men at all but boys afraid of

what love will bring

Responsibility

Respect

Loyalty

They'll have to think about their actions and what it'll mean to me.
______________________

I actually find this one a bit funny now.  I mean, yes, they may have been "afraid of what love will bring" or maybe they just didn't want me.  *lol*  ...Thank God they didn't.  I'm certain there's better in store.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails