BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 31, 2010

I Know Better

I think about the woman I want to be
the woman I should be and I see a disconnection
between who I am and who I want  to be, need to be
I'm putting myself out there and I shouldn't be
Not like this anyways
I'm putting myself out there without keeping in mind
of my self-worth
I lower myself in fear that no one will appreciate me for me
I lower myself, make myself more accessible because I feel that
some attention is better than no attention
But I know better than that
I know I deserve better interaction
I know that if I am not appreciated by someone then that someone
is not worthy of any energy
I know that if I truly knew in my heart my value, my actions
would stem from that belief
And from there I will be appreciated by the worthy
So, there's nothing wrong with those who don't
I place the blame on the woman I am
Because the woman I want to be knows that once I become her
Someone will appreciate me
So now I need to give someone a reason to appreciate me.

_________________

Thank God for change.  I can say that today I am more a representation of "the woman I want to be" than "the woman I am".  *smile*

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails