BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Heart to Heart: Cuddles of Comfort... and Danger

So a recent conversation sparked this one. This form of expression is right off the cuff. So...

You say, "I don't want sex at all. Just someone to enjoy my presence." 
Because I know too well what you mean 
I finish and say, "Someone to talk to. Someone I can fall asleep in his arms and feel ...comfort.
Safe and sound. Peaceful."

Hmmm. Sounds like intimacy.
Sounds nice.
But the truth of the matter is
intimacy is DANGEROUS.
"More dangerous than sex to me."

See, a man can take away sex ...
"and I'll be just fine. My spirit would most likely be relieved."
BUT
don't take away the in-ti-ma-cy.
"I will go CRAZY."

Intimacy is special, too, and shouldn't be underestimated.
"Oh, I just want to cuddle with someone."
Well, we should be choosey about that too.

A man we cuddle with may not be penetrating our body
But 
he's penetrating our heart...
...and that's DANGEROUS.

"Sis, I'm starting to believe that we have to be careful for what we hope and wish for."
Who says cuddling isn't as intimate or invasive as sex?
Ever felt connected to someone before you two ever met?
Can you imagine the connection two can make after the feel of ...comfort
has permeated that armor that we wear in order to protect ourselves? 
The armor that we wear even with our close family and friends?

Intimacy is dangerous.
With intimacy comes comfort.
And with comfort comes trust that one can take off their armor.

You say, "I'm starting to believe that we have to wait for THE ONE."
The one with whom such comfort and trust is safe.
The one who with to cuddle is not dangerous.
"The one for whom I am willing to wait."

Dang! That may be a long wait.
"But I'm willing to wait because I know what I want.
I want it all," is what I say.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails