BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Love Turns to Hate

[Before I begin with this next post, let me address what I'm sure some people may be thinking "How does she remember what she said?"  ...Remember in "Passing It On" when I said that there have been topics that I have wanted to share here and that I want to say the same thing I may have said in conversation but more efficiently for a blog entry?  Well, when those conversations are had in written form, I sometimes save them for future reference.  Now that I'm writing "Passing It On" entries, all I have to do is edit and paste it onto here.  *lol*  ...YES!  ...Now, to the entry.]

So, someone was stating on a public forum that love is funny because it can quickly turn to hate.  This is my reply:


Hmmm. I'm not sure I agree. It's been my experience (again, I said, "my experience") that love takes a long time to turn. And even when it turned ...hate didn't form. Just hurt, dislike, and maybe a bit of distrust was formed. I actually still love those who contributed to such feelings. I just can't do it in the way I'd once wished to. I have to love them within the ...circumstances they have fostered. Typically that means I have to love them, as I say, "from a distance". The position's still the same (I love them), but the conditions aren't the same (we are no longer a couple or friends), so I have to love within that capacity. So the love looks different but it's still there. There is no hate.


So, maybe the love didn't turn to hate. Hate is a STRONG word. I mean, there is no compromise with hate. You despise whatever it is that you are referring to; there is no inkling of respect, love, anything good. (I have a strong dislike, possibly hate, for flies. (Yeah, I know. Flies.) I go to NO end to destroy that fly, KILL that fly. You understand what I'm saying? So...) Maybe it (love) hasn't changed, just the conditions of how the love can be expressed or shared.


In science we learned how water can be formed into a gas, liquid, and solid. Well, let's look at love as water. Whether in the form of gas (romantic), liquid (platonic/friendship), or solid (family), the water (love) is still water (love) it just takes different shape under different conditions. *smile* (I hope that gave you a visual of my point.)


I've "preached", "taught", enough. *smile* Hope it gave you a possible view point of what may have occurred that has influenced [you to say this]. Hate is SO strong, I doubt very much that people actually hate at all. They may dislike, but hate? I don't think most of us are capable. *smile*

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails