BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hey Ladies (and Gentlemen)!



To whom it concerns:

Ladies, I think we got it twisted. First, let me say that I think it is great that we have aspirations for who we want for a companion. We should all have a goal in mind however, ladies I have an issue with us having aspirations beyond our means. Let me explain.

As of lately (I guess the weather is getting warm and romance is in the air *smile*), I have heard much talk of ladies saying that they want a man with this and that. Well ladies, how much sense does it make if we want a man with his head on straight when ours is all lopsided? Or if we want a man who is physically fit yet we hate walking? Or how about wanting a man to spend $25 dollars on us when we only have $2.50 to our name?

The question you need to ask yourselves ladies is “Am I my “ideal” Mr. Right’s Ms. Right?” Be completely honest with yourself. If the type of man you want wouldn’t “ideally” want a woman like you then…. You may want to evaluate your wants or (hopefully) evaluate yourself.

I think it’s a shame when a woman expects something from a man that she doesn’t expect from herself. In fairness to men, we expect a lot from them and often times we don’t expect much of ourselves in a relationship. My point is this: it doesn’t make much sense for anyone (male or female) to ask anyone to bring anything to the table that they could not muster to the table themselves.

Clearly, the things I mentioned above are quite arguably minute, like physical fitness and money however it was the best way for me to get my point across. For instance, you can be unequally yoked in more than one way (unfortunately, most that I hear talking are only concerned about one (property)). You can be unequally yoked with possessions (property) and unequally yoked with substance (core or essence). Now someone who is unequally yoked can possibly be compatible because indeed a man with $25 to spend can be equally yoked with a woman with $2.50 (property), but only if that woman is trying (substance) to make the $2.50 into $25 (and vice versa). See, the only way this pair couldn’t be compatible is if the woman never intend to make her $2.50 into $25. That is not a matter of possession, that is a matter of substance. 

Just imagine yourself as an oxen yoked with another. That experience of a walk is indeed affected by the way the other chooses to walk. If you are walking a straight path forward and your partner is clearly not trying to walk forward but instead to the side that walk can be tiring. However, if you are walking straight and your partner is trying to walk straight, but perhaps their footing is a little off that walk can, too, be very tiring, but you may not get frustrated because you see there is an attempt at walking straight. Just in that same way Mr. Right is not going to choose and accept you if you are not Ms. Right it wouldn’t be enjoyable. 

Ladies, all I’m trying to say is that we shouldn’t expect the best if we are not the best (or attempting to be the best).

I’m just saying.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails