BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Will I Be 45 and Never Married Because I'm Black?

I'm thinking "it can't be so!" and wondering "is chivalry dead and has black men given up on black women?". I'm also thinking "why are black women still preferring black men, if black men are not preferring black women?" What do you think? I'm simply curious. 

I'm just a believer of black love. I believe its possible and its disheartening to think that people have given up on such views. Do I disagree with interracial relationships? Nope. Do I prefer black men? Definitely. I just feel discouraged,as a black woman, to hear that black men have primarily given up on black women due to generalizations. Especially when the ratios of men and women are disproportionate already. The numbers don't need to slim anymore due to lack of preference for women like myself. Am I being naive to think that the exceptions should be considered? And are they indeed exceptions or are we stereotyping each other, black men and women? 

Honestly, this is more for my curiosity than anything else. (A part of me don't even want to discuss this because its such common dialogue and because none of us really know the answer.) I have faith that the question posed in the title is null and void, but INDEED that is many black women's life. In fact, the women in our lives may just be 45+ and single, so it's not far-fetched. 

I ask that if you do comment that you comment HONESTLY and RESPECTFULLY.

Peace.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails